Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Question 4: How (or what) do you think about the line?

Noah Saterstrom

For Noah Saterstrom's response, please click here. Please note that this response is interactive and includes sound.


Richard O'Russa




LINE
The mathematical space points
A to B points
that makes up a space from
A to B
The Line becomes.
A line
the very edge of all things
staying in place
My line is never straight but appears
straight it is never strident.
It is strong. Our lines are like a beam.

The set up and the line
punched
the written word
exposing
the line created to
expose thought
I thought then
I made a line which gave me
us an idea
I shared thru the line

The drawn line we cannot hear
them anymore
lines
the young smooth
and we,
the rest,
are lined and the Bronx
is something else
of the Bronx.
I don’t feel the Bronx.
I want the line to hold more
everything should fit.
The whole line should hold
everything.
The edges
of the spaces in-between
here and there the lines we follow to their edge.


Annie Hagar











Kim Gek Lin Short

My mother. In Chinese the way I write her name: six lines then six lines again. A bilabial feral nasal. I close my mouth her voice the sound of her spit in my nose. The way the lines of my vocal chords vibrate. The lines when she writes. Dipping of ink; doting stroking; the action slaver of lines. Line-shaped lips stoic under complimentary hotel handkerchief (thread gone in lines). Inside her the uvula what hangs like Dripped Line. The oscillation of mucus (braided lines). The direction of lines order of lines names of lines: héng, shù, nà, tí. The roof muscle raised. The soft-palate home. If lids left lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment